Portfolios >>
Men Women
Film

Monday 13 August 2012

Manchester Riots 2011 :: One Year on.

Manchester Riots 2011 :: One Year on, this seems like yesterday the climax of the events that first strangled the capital city London then moved to a few other major UK cities.

Below is my video made using my stills and video footage taken just after the peak of Manchester's  riots.


Living in the city centre this is where all the major rioting was to take place, only a few minutes walk from my apartment, it was a big decision deciding to venture into as the rioting developed and manifested in and around where I lived, my home.

Towards the end of that night a large group of rioters attacked and looted shops within my apartment block. They destroyed more than they took, somewhat mindless.

The situation I was in at times was scary, risky, documenting the haunting period just after the peak, The Aftermath.

The Setup
Canon 5D MK2 stripped down, battery grip off to keep the size of the camera down, 24-70 2.8L lens, no flash available light, all high ISO.

No comments:

Post a Comment