Portfolios >>
Men Women
Film

Tuesday 25 September 2012

Calumet 7" LCD HDMI Monitor.

Today I took delivery of a Calumet 7" LCD HDMI Monitor, saw Calumet demo one on a Canon 5d MK3 last week when we were together meeting some of Manchester's newest photography students.



Why did I get this? I have a couple of interior shoots coming up where I know the working space is going to be tight, with this device attached I can get the camera right in, setup and review test images out of camera while I get to the perfect shot.


This device is also great to ensure critical focus, working with the lens on full zoom and the camera's x 10 zoom tack sharp images are guaranteed.

The HDMI cable slots into the side of 5dMK3 the other end into the monitor, the monitor runs from its own battery supply.

Reason two for getting this device, having clients review shots in camera is not always the best, this compact device will easy fit into a day to day kit bag. It will be easier for the clients to view images out of camera and me to control the viewing side it. 

Clients often review images but then they want to check the image in more detail means passing the camera back to me, this way we review together with the larger view... all good.


I know this will be a great addition for my video work too.

Compatible Input Formats: Composite - NTSC/PAL; HDMI - 480i/p, 576i/p, 720i/p, 1080i/p

Color Depth: 24-bit (16,777,216 colors)

The full technical spec of this item can be viewed here

Will post an on the job video... some time soon.




No comments:

Post a Comment