Portfolios >>
Men Women
Film

Thursday 5 July 2012

Canon Speedlite 580EX maximise its potential

Canon Speedlite 580EX maximise its potential by getting it off the camera.

Now I will admit at one time to of had an abundance of these small strobes, at one point 5.

They retail right now for around £350 and with the latest 600RT model at nearly £700 that is serious investment.

Now here's something for you, Michael Bass Designs < it's in the title.

He is my custom electroincs guy, located in America. He kindly modifys all sorts of leads and other "Stuff" to enable my kit to do what I want it to do.

Some of the solutions offered by Canon could of been better like for example the off camera cord which is approx 30cm would actually be better longer.

Michael kindly modifies them for me, making them extendable by attaching mini din cables and making me up extra sections in 5m lengths. See below


Michael Bass DesignsMichael Bass Designs

I prefer this modified cord option, another options is maybe using the ST-E2  controller.

However, where there is strong day light outdoors or when the flash needs to be behind camera, the ST-E2 would struggle.

Michael Bass Designs gets the thumbs up for me, his solutions work. 

A lot of the world's top pro photographers use him, he is highly recommended.

No comments:

Post a Comment