Portfolios >>
Men Women
Film

Monday 30 July 2012

“Why I Won’t Shoot for Free”…Fashion Photographer Benjamin Kanarek

“Why I Won’t Shoot for Free” a post by Fashion photographer Benjamin Kanarek.

"I wanted to share my RANT with you via this incredible Video with Author Harlan Ellison.  One of the Sci-Fi Greats.



He mirrors my sentiments perfectly.  The only difference is I would swear a lot MORE!!!
I think I have paid my dues.  Don’t insult my intelligence and ask me to do a job for free!
Are you listening?"


I thought to share this post of Benjamin's after receiving just such a request yesterday, then thinking back to the media company that asked to use my Manchester Riot material for free. Hello do you know much danger I was in to get that material.

Coming from a finance background maybe I understand more than most there is no such thing as free, everything carries a cost, depreciation, overheads, direct costs, indirect costs it goes on and on.

Pro gear costs, big time.

"Shoot for free"  can I pass.


No comments:

Post a Comment